My camera likes to pretend that neon green is pastel green and that rich grapey purple is some kind of washed out blah thing. I tried all manner of different types of light. The first picture below is in direct sunlight, the other is in soft artificial light (at night) in the cardboard and tissue paper lightbox I made. I'm moderately happy with the results. You really have to see this colour in person though!
I used two coats of I'm With The Lifeguard and then used french tip guide stickers and did two coats of the purple which is Chi Chi Capital H.I.M (as in, lyrics from a certain Lady Gaga song!). Capital H.I.M. is actually really lovely. It's a rich medium purple cream with flashing blue and purple shimmer particles. Very cool!
For the stamp I used Bundle Monster plate BM209. It wasn't quite vibrant enough, so I went over the dots with a thin brush dipped in Capital H.I.M.
The formula on I'm With The Lifeguard is... neony. It goes on beautifully but it starts "setting" very quickly, so if you have to go over the same spot twice it'll get a bit icky.
I have a few Chi Chi polishes and so far I have been quite impressed. They are an Australian cosmetics company. I'll have to do a post purely on my Chi Chis.
Cheat sheet:
- China Glaze I'm With The Lifeguard - 2 coats
- Chi Chi Capital H.I.M. - French tips 2 coats
- Bundle Monster plate BM209 stamped with Chi Chi Capital H.I.M.
- Orly Polishield - 2 coats
Bonus picture of my kitty Delilah "helping" me. Cats make everything a game. Even very serious nail photography (hehe).
I have a pretty fun idea for an upcoming themed mani. The only hint I'll give is that I am an avid gamer!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments mean a lot to me. I really love reading your opinions!