Monday, October 1, 2012

Reddit 52 Week Challenge: Week 1 Taping with China Glaze Riveting

I frequent a section of Reddit called RedditLaqueristas. It is full of awesome people who love nail polish! This week we begin a new year of the 52 Week Challenge. Every week for the next year there will be a new theme to inspire awesome nail art!

Here is the 52 Week Challenge on Reddit

The first week's theme is taping! I have never done this before! It is extremely annoying and I don't own the thin nail art tape, so I used masking tape cut up. Masking tape is good because you get less bleeding, but for the design I chose to do I really needed the thin tape.

Either way! I think my first 52 Week Challenge mani looks really pretty.

China Glaze Riveting. OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest. China Glaze I Herd That.

I started with 2 coats of China Glaze Riveting (this colour is AMAZING). It's an extremely rich reddy orange with chunky gold shimmer. I love it! The dark colour on the tips is OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest and the glitter stripes are China Glaze I Herd That.

I think this works beautifully. The red shimmer in Every Month Is Oktoberfest is subtle, but the other colours really bring it out. I Herd That is very dense gold and copper glitter with a sprinkling of holo glitter. This colour is also amazing! The fiery orange of Riveting really plays off the copper in I Herd That.

This was totally worth all the time, effort and cursing involved. 

Cheat sheet:

  1. Orly Nail Defense - 1 coat
  2. China Glaze Riveting - 2 coats
  3. OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest - 1 coat (taped)
  4. China Glaze I Herd That - 2 coats (taped)
  5. Orly Polishield - 1 coat

Next week on the 52 Week Challenge the theme is Blue. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me. I really love reading your opinions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...