Basically, I painted those fingers with China Glaze White On White, top coated, and let them dry completely. I then did each nail one by one: a medium coat of China Glaze Adventure Red-y, wait 30 seconds, a coat of A England Camelot. Then I took a piece of card with an edge I'd cut into "teeth" and scraped the red and black off. I let it dry for about 10 minutes to prevent smudging and then topped with two coats of Seche Vite to smooth it out.
I really like the effect. I had in my mind that it's a bit like ripped black fabric, but really it's just cool. And I love the red peaking through! It makes the whole thing just touch more sinister.
For my pirate logo I painted the design on using white fluid acrylic paint and a tiny brush. Topped with Seche for the awesome. Very happy! I would totally wear this for a few days if I could.
I drank bubbly and decorated my tree today. I really love tree decorating day. We always have drinks, snacks, christmas music and yelling at cats. Good times.
Make sure you check out all the other great flag nails below!


Waw best one of the bunch :)
ReplyDeleteAw, thank you!
DeleteHa ha ha that is so awesome!! :) xox
ReplyDeleteYarr. Thanks!
DeleteArrr! Hehe, cool idea. You should wear an eyepatch all day. And have a pirate christmas tree day.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Guess who just picked up a bottle of Grey-T To Be Here for a certain NZer :)
DeleteZOMG
DeleteWHO!? The suspense is killing me!
Heh heh.. I'm excited. I'll have to get something for you! Do you have some favourite colours or any colour holes in your collection? Finishes? Something?
Hehe I love the pirate-flag idea! You did an awesome job on the logo and the scratch technique =)
ReplyDeleteThank you! I really like how the scratch technique turned out. I'll totally use it again.
Deletegirrrl y u always gotta be so creative all the time? these are awesome, i love this take on flag day!
ReplyDeleteWHITNEY! <3 thanks. I just really like pirates
DeleteSo freakin' cool! I just don't think the same way as you, how do you get these awesome ideas?!
ReplyDeleteI like to do unique and challenging things. It's probably a side effect of being a bit weird, haha.
DeleteHello, I've nominated for an award. look at my blog. kisses
ReplyDeletehttp://manicuradefantasia.blogspot.com.es/2012/12/un-premio.html
Thank you! And that's a very nice idea for sharing blogs. I'll have to think about some blogs and questions.
Delete