I used two coats of China Glaze Bahamian Escape with one coat of Layla Hologram Effect Mercury Twilight over the top - sandwiched between top coat. This was difficult. Mercury Twilight applies perfectly on bare nails, but over polish is drags like you can't believe. I was determined though. If you load your brush enough and apply with a very gentle touch, making sure to never go over the same spot twice, it's doable. Just be patient and pretend you're a magical fairy with feather light hands.
I then stamped the butterlies using Konad plate m36 and Konad special polish in White.
![]() |
| Bonus: my cat Samuel Goodbear (Sam) was feeling sociable |
Bahamian Escape is a gorgeous colour. A lovely sky blue. It's not quite pastel. The formula is a bit thick but application is fine.
![]() |
| My nails match his eyes perfectly! I was having trouble getting him to hold still for a picture though. |
![]() |
| Success! Good kitty! I am going to make you into a banner! |
Cheat sheet:
- China Glaze Bahamian Escape - 2 coats
- Orly Polishield - 1 coat
- Layla Mercury Twilight - 1 coat (gently!)
- Orly Polishied - 1 coat
- Konad plate m36 stamped with Konad special polish in white
- Orly Polishield - 1 coat





this is sooooo cute!!!
ReplyDeleteHehe! Thanks Nicole!
Delete