So I had this conundrum where I needed to do bats but didn't have time to do bats AND then do a mani for the ball. I decided to try and make my bats a bit more subtle and kind of stick to my colour scheme.
This resulted in my idea of doing a bat sammich (that would be a jelly sandwich... except with bats instead of glitter). Then I added silver tips for some bling and voila!
I'm pretty happy. The bats look like they're flying through fog or something. It looks quite eerie.
See my cheat sheet below for the layering order! I'm off to shower and get ready!
Cheat sheet:
- Orly Nail Defense - 1 coat
- OPI My Pointe Exactly - 1 coat
- Konad Special Polish Black - BM213 plate bats
- OPI My Pointe Exactly - 1 coat
- Konad Special Polish Black - BM213 plate bats
- OPI My Pointe Exactly - 2 coats
- Orly Polishied - 1 coat
- Orly Dazzle - 1 coat on tips with french manicure guide stickers
- Orly Polishield - 1 coat
Make sure you have a look at the other amazingly talented challengers below!


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThank you Chantelle! The depth in this mani turned out really well. I was kind of worried when I was doing it.
DeleteI love this. It's subtle but still creepy cool.
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty much what I was going for. I'm glad you like it!
DeleteBatsandwich... amazing. Fits nicely in the batlunchbox which you can take to work in your batmobile.
ReplyDeleteThese are amazing :)
Haha! A "bat sandwich" would be an awesome thing to bring to work as a Halloween prank.
DeleteGlad you like my bat sammich :D
these are awesome, it really does look like they're flying through fog!
ReplyDeleteHey Whitney! Thanks! To be honest I was surprised at how foggy it ended up looking. The first couple layers had me worried.
DeleteI love the idea of a bat sammich :) And I def want to see your mask! Just because you're a polish blog, doesn't mean you can't show off your other lovely, crafty talents!
ReplyDeleteThanks Elizabeth! I'll take a couple pics of my mask. It held up really well last night thank goodness!
DeleteI love how this looks! Like bats in fog! Why didn't I find you blog sooner!
ReplyDeletelol! Well it is a pretty new blog! I'm glad you like my bat sammich :D
Delete