Thursday, October 18, 2012

This Is Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Bats

This was a bit tricky! And I've been pressed for time. I'm going to a masquerade ball tonight (woo!). The colours I'm wearing are mostly silver and white. I've been very busy making my mask (Which I think is gorgeous. I'll post pics later if anyone is interested!)

So I had this conundrum where I needed to do bats but didn't have time to do bats AND then do a mani for the ball. I decided to try and make my bats a bit more subtle and kind of stick to my colour scheme.

This resulted in my idea of doing a bat sammich (that would be a jelly sandwich... except with bats instead of glitter). Then I added silver tips for some bling and voila!

I'm pretty happy. The bats look like they're flying through fog or something. It looks quite eerie.

Halloween nail art challenge. Bats in fog with silver tips.

Pretty neat right? For this look I used OPI My Pointe Exactly (A light gray jelly), Konad Special Polish in black with Bundle Monster plate 213 and for the tips I used Orly Dazzle (which really is very dazzling).

See my cheat sheet below for the layering order! I'm off to shower and get ready!

Cheat sheet:

  1. Orly Nail Defense - 1 coat
  2. OPI My Pointe Exactly - 1 coat
  3. Konad Special Polish Black - BM213 plate bats
  4. OPI My Pointe Exactly - 1 coat
  5. Konad Special Polish Black - BM213 plate bats
  6. OPI My Pointe Exactly - 2 coats
  7. Orly Polishied - 1 coat
  8. Orly Dazzle - 1 coat on tips with french manicure guide stickers
  9. Orly Polishield - 1 coat
This Is Halloween Nail Art Challenge 2012.

Make sure you have a look at the other amazingly talented challengers below!

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chantelle! The depth in this mani turned out really well. I was kind of worried when I was doing it.

      Delete
  2. I love this. It's subtle but still creepy cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much what I was going for. I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  3. Batsandwich... amazing. Fits nicely in the batlunchbox which you can take to work in your batmobile.

    These are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! A "bat sandwich" would be an awesome thing to bring to work as a Halloween prank.

      Glad you like my bat sammich :D

      Delete
  4. these are awesome, it really does look like they're flying through fog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Whitney! Thanks! To be honest I was surprised at how foggy it ended up looking. The first couple layers had me worried.

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of a bat sammich :) And I def want to see your mask! Just because you're a polish blog, doesn't mean you can't show off your other lovely, crafty talents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I'll take a couple pics of my mask. It held up really well last night thank goodness!

      Delete
  6. I love how this looks! Like bats in fog! Why didn't I find you blog sooner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Well it is a pretty new blog! I'm glad you like my bat sammich :D

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot to me. I really love reading your opinions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...