Monday, October 8, 2012

This Is Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Ghosts

I am a bit late to this challenge, but I only stumbled on it last night! How cool is this though? This challenge originated over at Lacquer Dreams and I hope that all the very talented ladies participating don't mind me crashing their party and arriving (fashionably) late.

Today's theme is Ghosts. I imagined little ghosties flying around in some sort of ghosty nether. Doing ghosty things. This is how that mental image ended up looking when applied to my nails:

This Is Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Ghosts.

This was hard to photograph because I was trying to have enough light (at night) but not block the ghosts with glare.

I used.. quite a lot of different colours for my nethery background. I started with a gradient of Orly Space Cadet and China Glaze Concrete Catwalk. Then I did some slithery lines from the bottom using Nubar Violet Sparkle, and some lines from the top using China Glaze Recycle. Then I added some OPI Princesses Rule to the top and bottom.

I painted the ghosts using a white pearl acrylic paint and black for their features. After that I sponged a bit more Princesses Rule onto the bottom to make it a little bit misty. 

This Is Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Ghosts.

The picture above is a bit weird (bright and blurryish), but you can see Space Cadet poking through from the background! Pretty!

This Is Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Ghosts. Colours used.

L-R: Pebeo acrylic paint in Iridescent Pearl, Golden fluid acrylic in Carbon Black, OPI Princesses Rule, Orly Space Cadet, China Glaze Recycle, China Glaze Concrete Catwalk, Nubar Violet Sparkle.

This was really fun, if time consuming. I'm looking forward to the next challenge!

This Is Halloween Nail Art Challenge. 2012.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was fun to do

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Each "step" was pretty quick, but I had to wait for them to dry before doing the next layer. So I alternated between nails and playing games! Probably took a couple hours all up (with a few games of League of Legends in between)

      Delete
  3. Your ghosts are adorable! Love how they have depth and don't just look flat. I really appreciate how you've made each nail different - they really look like they're flying around and having a haunting time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Thanks so Much! I decided to use the pearlescent paint for the ghosts because it is a bit sheer and shimmery, just so they didn't look flat. I'm glad you like them :D

      Delete
  4. I love your ghosts! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really glad you like them :)

      Delete
  5. The background is so pretty...all those colors give it depth!! awesome!!! Welcome to the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi London! Thank you! I am really glad I found the challenge :D

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot to me. I really love reading your opinions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...