Monday, October 29, 2012

Reddit 52 Week Challenge: Week 5 Orange

Busy busy! I was kind of sad to take off my bone piles, but I think this looks really cool and fascinating. I was looking through my stamping plates for inspiration and came across a weird design on Bundle Monster plate 206. I don't know what it is... could be balls of string. Or some sort of abstract viney flower thing. Either way, I thought "This is cool, but it needs eyes."

OPI Stranger Tides. Kleancolor Metallic Orange. Stamping plate BM 206.

I think it looks moderately creepy. I have a bit of a thing for adding eyes to stuff. I carry googly eyes around in my handbag.. you know.. just in case. Googly eyes pretty much make anything better. 

The eyes on these weird plant things are not googly, but that's fine. I can imagine them moving around, thrashing their viney limbs and peering at you with their blinking, slitted eyes. Oooh.

OPI Stranger Tides. Kleancolor Metallic Orange. Stamping plate BM 206.

I started with two coats of OPI Stranger Tides. I'm loving the Pirates of the Caribbean collection - I need more! These murky, muted shades are really awesome.

The design on my ring finger is stamped on using image plate BM 206 and Kleancolor Metallic Orange. I brightened the design a bit with some more Metallic Orange and a tiny brush. The eyes are done using the same small brush and two coats of OPI Skull & Glossbones, one coat of China Glaze White On White and dots of Orly Liquid Vinyl for the pupils.

The other fingers are taped designs using masking tape, craft scissors (they cut in a pattern) and more Kleancolor Metallic Orange. I then added a few little curvy lines with a brush and some black dots with more Liquid Vinyl and a small dotting tool.

Note: These pictures were taken at night in quite warm light. The orange is a bit richer and more cool toned. Stranger Tides is a touch more green.

The theme for next week is "Inspired by a game". Right up my alley!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a strange design! And I mean that in the best way possible :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's kind of how I feel about it. It's definitely strange.

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot to me. I really love reading your opinions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...