Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Reddit 52 Week Challenge: Week 2 Blue with Revlon Royal

It's been a busy couple days in the nail world with the Halloween Challenge and now the second week of the Reddit Laqueristas 52 Week Challenge. This week's challenge is a simple one - Blue. I think it's the simple ones that can be the hardest though. It's so broad that inspiration can be hard to find!

In the end I decided to use one of my favourite rings as inspiration. I love how gold and royal blue look together. So luxurious. It's just a classic and even ancient colour combination, reminding me of Ancient Egypt and one of my most loved gemstones, Lapis Lazuli. I really love how this turned out!


They're looking at you! Man, I love Revlon Royal. It's so rich and glossy. In low light it gets very dark, like a blackened navy. But when light hits it, it's like Royal sucks all the light in and comes to saturated, royal blue life. Gorgeous. My camera really couldn't capture it's awesomeness. It's somehow deeper, maybe more purplish in real life.

I used two coats of Revlon Royal. I painted the white part of the eyes on using white acrylic paint (and black for the pupils). The tips and eyeliner are done in China Glaze Passion, which is a very dense, shimmery gold, and quite lovely.



Here's a shot of my ring finger with the inspiration! Love this ring. The eyes go all the way around and each one is a different colour - so you can show a different side depending on your outfit. Awesome!

This was really fun and I'm so happy with the result. Next week's theme is "Inspired by Reddit". Should be interesting!

Cheat sheet:

  1. Orly Nail Defense - 1 coat
  2. Revlon Royal - 2 coats
  3. White and black acrylic paints - the EYES
  4. China Glaze Passion - eyeliner and 1 coat on tips using stick on french tip guides
  5. Orly Polishied - 1 coat

6 comments:

  1. This is so, so awesome looking. You did a great job! And that blue colour is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tess! thank you! Royal really is gorgeous. I'm so glad I decided to get it.

      Delete
  2. This is the most gorgeous blue and I don't know why it's not in my collection yet! You have some of the best (and neatest!) nail art I have seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is gorgeous! I don't have much Revlon polish but Royal is really special.

      thank you for the compliment. I am a perfectionist which can be really frustrating at times, but in the end it pays off.

      I like your blog! you have a new follower :D

      Delete
  3. This is stunning! You're so talented :) The blue is absolutely gorgeous. I have a bracelet with this pattern that was a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's my favourite blue at the moment. I'm so glad I decided to get it (I don't buy Revlon too often).

      I bet that's a really cool bracelet.

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot to me. I really love reading your opinions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...