Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Rainbow flakie polish - Australis Speck-tacular

Now this was a surprise! I was wandering around Kmart looking at their $3 bargain bin nail polish (woo!) when I spotted the Australis stand. Amidst their other colours I noticed one bottle that was that weird milky yellowy sort of colour that I've come to recognise. NO! Surely not? A FLAKIE!? In my Kmart!

Naturally, it came home with me. Imagine my surprise when I realised it was a rainbow flakie polish - like Finger Paints Twisted and Picture Polish Festival. Hooray!

This is Australis Speck-tacular Crystal Colour Top Coat over black:

Australis Speck-tacular rainbow flakie nail polish.

Speck-tacular indeed! This is two coats of Australis Speck-tacular over two coats of black (China Glaze Liquid Leather). It really is gorgeous. It has a mix of different shifting flakes. red-orange-yellow-green flakes, yellow-green-blue, green-blue and blue-purple. The effect is a shifting, flashing rainbow on your nails.

Australis Speck-tacular rainbow flakie nail polish.

I do not own Finger Paints Twisted (I have Asylum) or Picture Polish Festival, but if you want a cheaper or easier to find stand in for them, this is a great option. I have read on other blogs that it is practically a dupe of Festival.

Australis Speck-tacular rainbow flakie nail polish.

Here's a bottle shot. The formula on Speck-tacular was fine, but not as densely packed with flakes as I'd like. I did two fairly thick coats for the pictures above and did a bit of prodding and placing (because I'm a perfectionist), but I am very happy with the results.

Australis is an Australian cosmetics company, so I'm not sure about availability in the US.

Cheat sheet:

  1. Orly Nail Defense - 1 coat
  2. China Glaze Liquid Leather - 2 coats
  3. Australis Speck-tacular - 2 coats
  4. Orly Polishield - 1 coat

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your post and photos. I have been looking for a good priced flakie after only recently discovering them :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. I really love reading your opinions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...