Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The beginning! With Bahamian Escape and Mercury Twilight

This manicure was my first fancy thing, ever. My first go with the stamping plate I got in my starter kit from Konad. I took these pictures about 10 days ago after having worn if for a few days. I'd just got my Bundle Monster plates in the mail and wanted to have a play, but I loved this mani so very much that I needed to take pics! It's so sad that it was a cloudy day - the holo is just so stunning in sunlight.

China Glaze Bahamian Escape. Layla Mercury Twilight.

Mercury Twilight looks greyish silver in the bottle, but once it's on your nails the rainbow holo effect is amazing in any light!

I used two coats of China Glaze Bahamian Escape with one coat of Layla Hologram Effect Mercury Twilight over the top - sandwiched between top coat. This was difficult. Mercury Twilight applies perfectly on bare nails, but over polish is drags like you can't believe. I was determined though. If you load your brush enough and apply with a very gentle touch, making sure to never go over the same spot twice, it's doable. Just be patient and pretend you're a magical fairy with feather light hands.

I then stamped the butterlies using Konad plate m36 and Konad special polish in White.


China Glaze Bahamian Escape. Layla Mercury Twilight. Konad m36.
Bonus: my cat Samuel Goodbear (Sam) was feeling sociable

China Glaze Bahamian Escape. Layla Mercury Twilight. Konad m36.

Bahamian Escape is a gorgeous colour. A lovely sky blue. It's not quite pastel. The formula is a bit thick but application is fine.



China Glaze Bahamian Escape. Layla Mercury Twilight. Konad m36.
My nails match his eyes perfectly!
I was having trouble getting him to hold still for a picture though.

China Glaze Bahamian Escape. Layla Mercury Twilight. Konad m36.
Success! Good kitty! I am going to make you into a banner!

Cheat sheet:

  1. China Glaze Bahamian Escape - 2 coats
  2. Orly Polishield - 1 coat
  3. Layla Mercury Twilight - 1 coat (gently!)
  4. Orly Polishied - 1 coat
  5. Konad plate m36 stamped with Konad special polish in white
  6. Orly Polishield - 1 coat

2 comments:

Your comments mean a lot to me. I really love reading your opinions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...