Thursday, September 20, 2012

China Glaze Ruby Pumps

Usually I can't resist getting fancy with my manis. Doing some stamping or layering some glitter or flakies or whatnot. But Ruby Pumps is just so gorgeous. I can't stop looking at my nails. It's so rich and glittery. I have been hunting for a good classic red and was planning on getting the new China Glaze Adventure Red-y from their Safari collection (and maybe I still will). But Ruby Pumps is a perfect cool toned classic red, but with a bit (ok a lot) of twinkle thrown in.

China Glaze Ruby Pumps.

China Glaze Ruby Pumps - two coats. This colour was so difficult to photograph. I don't think this shade of red exists in the digital world. It's a perfect rich, deep, saturated, cool toned red filled with tiny, sparkly red glitter. It looks very Christmasy (it was part of the 2009 China Glaze Holiday Collection and also The Wizard of Ooh Ahz collection).

China Glaze Ruby Pumps.

Ruby Pumps looks so alive and glittery in any light. You really have to see it in person. My camera is not doing it justice. The glitter is fantastic.

China Glaze Ruby Pumps and Sam.

The obligatory cat picture. Sam shows up whenever I'm outside taking pictures. I do actually have two other cats that are usually around. Maybe they're camera shy?

The formula on this was quite good, but a bit runny. It applied smoothly, but be careful to keep the brush away from your cuticles or you're going to have a bad time!

Cheat sheet:

  1. Orly Nail Defense - 1 coat
  2. China Glaze Ruby Pumps - 2 coats
  3. Orly Polishield - 2 coats

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour and beautiful cat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you. The camera doesn't really do either justice!

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot to me. I really love reading your opinions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...